Council of International Neonatal Nurses 2016 Conference:
One Passion. One Vision. One World.
The 9th Council of International Neonatal Nurses Conference (COINN2016) is only seven months away! COINN 2016, proudly hosted by the Canadian Association of Neonatal Nurses (CANN) in collaboration with the Council of International Neonatal Nurses (COINN) will take place at the Westin Bayshore hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada from August 14 to 17, 2016. This 3½-day Conference will bring together neonatal nurses from around the world for an opportunity to explore critical issues, emerging trends and innovations, to share global wisdom and to foster new partnerships.
Conference features include:
Engaging speakers for the 8 General Sessions:
– Trauma Informed Care – Mary Coughlin
– Feeding the Premature Baby – Dr. Erin Sundseth Ross
– Pain Management – Dr. Marsha Campbell-Yeo
– Exclusive Human Milk Diet for Very-low-birthweight Newborns – Dr. Alan Lucas
– Ethics in the NICU – Dr. Connie Williams
– Respiratory Stabilization at Birth & Current Research – Dr. Georg Schmölzer
– Brain Development in the Newborn: The Importance of the Everyday – Dr. Steven Miller
– Nursing-led Strategies and Parent Engagement – Dr. Linda Franck
- 2 Powerful Panel Discussions on: Global Perspective of Newborn Health – the Future Post Millennium Development Goals & Pain Management Strategies
- Opening & Closing Sessions focusing on: the Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health and Global Nursing as ONE
- 3 Intriguing Pre-conference Workshops to kick start the conference: Helping Babies Breath Helping Babies Survive/ Global Initiatives Volunteering Abroad, Demystifying Research and Grant Writing and Care of the Extremely Low Gestational Age Newborns
- 2 Interesting Morning Symposiums offered courtesy of our Global partners – Prolacta and Abbvie
- Over 75 poster board and concurrent sessions
- An Exhibit Hall featuring the latest in neonatal-related industry products and services
- An exciting Social Program including a Welcome Reception and Celebration Dinner
- Optional activities allowing the opportunity to explore Vancouver
On-line Registration opens February 2016. Register early to take advantage of the early bird rate and great exchange rates – Rates are listed in Canadian Dollars.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION RATES (until June 20, 2016 – subject to 5% tax)
CANN Member (Canadian Association of Neonatal Nurses) $675
COINN Member (Council of International Neonatal Nurses) $725
Low and Lower-Middle Income Countries $400 (refer to list on COINN2016 website)
Registration rates include: attendance at all general, concurrent and poster board sessions, morning symposiums, access to the exhibit hall, the Welcome Reception (Sunday, August 14), refreshment breaks on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (August 15, 16 and 17), lunch on Monday and Tuesday (August 15 and 16) and the Celebration Dinner (Tuesday, August 16).
For registration, hotel and program information, visit the Conference website at COINN2016.neonatalcann.ca
In keeping with the Conference theme ONE – One Passion, One Vision, One World, the Conference Planning Committee invites you to join the “One Selfie Movement”. Help create an international selfie mural and let the neonatal nursing world know that this is ONE Conference they won’t want to miss!
TO SHOW YOUR EXCITEMENT ABOUT COINN2016! Send your “ONE” selfie to Twitter @COINN2016 or email to email@example.com. No names will be shared – only your enthusiasm!
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 29, 2016! We invite you to share you knowledge, research, and evidence-based practice by submitting an abstract for a poster or concurrent session.